Filing A Claim For A Catastrophic Injury?
Our San Francisco Personal Injury Lawyers Are Here To Help
A personal injury is termed “catastrophic” when its effects are so profound and permanent that your life will never be the same. Suddenly, your life stops as bills pile up. Unfortunately, serious injuries can result from almost any accident or defective product. Personal injury cases resulting in catastrophic injuries involve unique issues, including the long-term disability of the victim. There are complicated calculations of financial damages necessary to achieve large damage awards. Our San Francisco catastrophic personal injury lawyers know how dramatic the effects of your accident may be and we can help you fight for rightful compensation.
If you or someone you love has sustained a catastrophic injury, then The Brandi Law Firm can help. We have defended victims in auto accidents, defective product claims, and other catastrophic injury claims. Our lawyers work with physical therapists, doctors and counselors to help assess your injury. With our resources, we can focus on your needs and help you achieve the compensation you deserve. Do not let the reckless negligence of another party prevent you from maximizing your recovery.
What Are Catastrophic Injuries?
A catastrophic injury is a personal injury that permanently prevents someone from working or living life as they did before. Generally, catastrophic injuries require long-term medical care and prolonged absence from work. Calculating the full cost of this kind of injury requires a team of professionals. Our law firm has experience working with the courts and medical experts in San Francisco and surrounding areas.
The catastrophic personal injury lawyers at The Brandi Law Firm have successfully represented clients with serious injuries, including injuries involving:
- Traumatic brain injury: TBIs are a common type of catastrophic injury. Symptoms include fatigue, persistent headaches, numbness, nausea, and mood swings.
- Spinal cord injuries: If you have extreme pain or pressure in your back, head or neck, then you may have a spinal cord injury. Extreme cases may cause numbness, loss of sensation and loss of coordination in any part of the body.
- Paralysis: It may not always be obvious that one is experiencing paralysis. Loss of coordination, vision change, weakness in one side of the body and seizures may all be symptoms of paralysis.
- Fractures: Broken bones and fractures are not always immediately known. You may notice these injuries much later.
- Post-traumatic stress: Unfortunately, physical and emotional distress are common after a catastrophic injury. As a result, a victim may experience post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). Symptoms of PTSD also include depression, nervousness, irritability, regressive behavior and difficulty concentrating.
What Can I Recover From A Catastrophic Injury Claim?
The first step to compensation for your catastrophic injury is to get an evaluation from a medical expert. While it can be hard to admit, you most likely do not know the full extent of your injuries. The stress of a traumatic event can make it hard to diagnose all injuries. A catastrophic personal injury lawyer can lead a team of experts to identify the full extent of your injury. Furthermore, some injuries do not manifest until sometime later. Having a professional determine your injury is best for you and your case. After determining the full extent of your catastrophic injury and the parties that contributed, we may seek compensation for:
- Medical treatment: Hospital visits, rehab, surgeries, medication and other medical costs may be recovered. This includes future debts and any treatment you may have already received.
- Pain and suffering: You may be eligible for compensation for pain and discomfort caused by your catastrophic accident. Our catastrophic personal injury attorneys can help you identify any pain and suffering.
- Quality of life: Catastrophic injury usually results in a lower quality of life. You may be eligible for compensation if you have lost the ability to enjoy day-to-day activities.
- Income: Suffering a catastrophic injury almost always results in lost wages. You may be eligible for compensation if your accident resulted in the loss of benefits or decreased future earnings capacity.
- Property damage: While you cannot bring back what you lost in your catastrophic accident, you can seek compensation. Vehicles, personal items and other items may be recovered in your claim.
Survive A Catastrophic Accident? We Can Help.
Have you or a loved one survived a catastrophic injury? Do you have questions about your rights? Are medical bills piling up while you are unable to work? Catastrophic injuries are heartbreaking, life-changing and stressful. Challenging and identifying guilty powers can require experience, commitment and resources. With so much on the line, do not gamble with your future. By hiring an experienced, respected and genuine catastrophic injury attorney you can even the odds. Contact us today for a consultation.
At The Brandi Law Firm, we know the key to effective representation is the ability to dig deep. We learn how you or your loved one’s life has been affected now and in the future. In a free initial consultation, we can review your case and let you know how our firm can help. Call us today at 888-309-1224 or contact us through our website.